January 16th 2020, San Francisco
Prior to the meeting, please add items for discussion here:
- 1.Review Agenda
- 3.Annual Report Presentation & Rewards
- 4.Fundraiser Postmortem
- 5.New Partnerships
Scribe: Ben Ward
- Amanda Guest, General Manager
- Ben Ward, Secretary, Technical Director
- Will Craven, President of the Board
- Tom Tierney
- Forrest Guest, Treasurer
- Books are balanced and the budget is published.
- 2019 goal was to get to a budget of $100,000. We met the goal! Made the goal on top of our largest one-of donation.
- Budget is primarily spent on people and programming.
- Discussed how Amanda’s salary should grow. She’s underpaid compared to this kind of position in a more established organization, but we also want to keep our people cost balanced without other expenses. Amanda’s annual review is in March. Considered an additional review later in the year.
- A side discussion about whether Tom could start serving a Hanky Panky in order to lure Paul Sulway into helping out with ads.
- Equipment cost: Lots of big ticket items last year that will last years. Hard to exactly predict the expenses so planning to remain consistent.
- 2020 emphasis on fundraising is about significantly growing our grant income.
- Expect to maintain a relationship with Josef Krebs and company for consulting and grant writing.
- VOTE: In favour of the budget for 2020. Passed.
- VOTE: Formalise accounting of 2019 numbers. Passed..
- Nick has been crunching the database to get interesting insights.
- Ben will look for some interesting listenership stats worth celebrating.
- We should start taking manual records of weekly/monthly stats, since we don’t have an automated method.
- Working on the physical awards — want to do something fun, don’t want to be wasteful.
- Event is on the 26th.
- It went really well! We beat the target: Raised > $20,000
- 17 DJs made big contributions.
- Gala was a huge success.
- Some large donations straggling into 2020 (not counted yet, so a good new year bonus!)
- Salesforce/Transbay Park — Want to do a concert series. Budget is TBD.
- Tentative plan: First Fridays lunchtime; noon–1:30pm
- Investigate larger series ala MUSH later in the year.
- We have a contact at the Ferry Building. No news yet.
- Working with Sonny Smith on a live music concept.
- Motion to move Amanda’s future annual reviews (after this March) no later than December 15th each year (to align with budget revisions.) Passed.
- Ben, Will, Tom
- Plan Amanda’s annual review for March.
- Stats for the report
- Content on the site
- Archives played/shows created
- Investigate bar-rewards as possible awards for the 26th.
- Work with Thor for his Feb 2nd event.
- Finish annual report
- State and Federal tax filings.
- Shift focus to grant writing and board recruitment.
20:07 — Meeting adjourned.